Monday, September 27, 2010

What’s in a Title?

Meadow-along-Hays-Greenway

As I was going through my paintings, I noticed that many of them had the word ‘meadow’ in the title. I have at least 5 of them, all done in the spring time. All started as plein air (on location ) paintings (this one is titled ‘Meadow along Hays Greenway.’)

After the long, gray winter weeks come to an end, I love to finally get outdoors without having to worry about freezing my toes off, find a warm spot in the sun and paint. And meadows on a spring morning are just about the best places to be. Especially when they just start to green or when they are full with clover and buttercups.

One time I was out there for so long, a deer went right across the scene I was painting. I wish I were a better painter and could just add it, but I think I need LOTS more practice for that. Especially since the deer don’t exactly hold still.

Watch for the next post where I will talk about the other most frequent word in my title.

No comments:

Post a Comment